There was a Comments exchange on Coup FourPointFive between Anonymouses (anonymice? anonymii?) that is too good to allow to disappear into the ether. The best way to spread the word of Mara’s YouTube broadcasts to those of us who without internet access. Read more below, and please feel free to circulate.
Do keep checking in to Coup 4.5 for the latest developments. Those guys really have their finger on the pulse.
May 18, 2011 8:53 PM. Got an idea, since some of us in Fiji do not have internet access, why don’t those of us who do, download these videos, save them on our phones and bluetooth them around…..everybody in Fiji has a mobile phone…..by the way you can download any youtube video on this site:
May 18, 2011 9:34 PM. anonymous 8.53pm…kudos on the motion….
k, steps of doing that please, for some of us that are not familiar with it.
May 18, 2011 10:09 PM. @ anon 9:34. Ok…these are the steps:
- Go to the ‘Keep Video’ website by typing in http://www.keepvid.com in your browser address or just go to google and google keepvid either way it will take you to the website.
- Once you’re there, copy the video’s url that is: http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=n5o7sffmRGQ or http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=CFLnV01a2p8 and paste it in the blue url box
- Click download and you’re on
- It will give different options of format to download in…you can choose which ever one fits you Note: you fill find that there is also an option for saving the mp3 format of the video that is the sound only…….this will come in handy for phones with no video…
- Once you’ve downloaded, connect your phone to your computer and save the videos in it.
- Once you’re done you can start sharing media file around…walla…job done! Note: you have to download the video one by one….
May 18, 2011 10:20 PM. issue instruction how to put this on mobile phones and sending by email, copies on disks and usb drives and send to all people groups in fiji, written copies to mail boxes and send to all media organisations in fiji
May 18, 2011 10:57 PM. There you go guys. Downloading is one best way of getting the message across to those in the rural areas….
Power to The People.
God bless Fiji.